This site is supported by
APUA’s Antibiotic Stewardship Solutions
The APUA antibiotic stewardship materials carried on the TTT website are produced as a public health service by the APUA staff in conjunction with leading infectious disease experts. By sharing advice from leading infectious disease experts, we hope you that you and your healthcare team gain insights to improve patient care and become strong partners in “preserving the power of antibiotics” ®. See www.apua.org.
Who is APUA?
Since 1981, the Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics (APUA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, has been the leading global non-governmental organization whose mission is to contain antibiotic resistance and preserve the effectiveness of antimicrobials. With chapters in 65 countries, APUA works to improve antibiotic access and use with the goal of ensuring effective infectious disease treatments for generations to come. Under the leadership of Dr. Stuart B. Levy, Professor of Molecular Biology and Microbiology at Tufts University School of Medicine, APUA works with the CDC ,WHO and other professional societies to conduct research, surveillance and education projects to improve clinical practice and inform public policy. APUA programming is guided by an advisory board of infectious disease experts and disseminated through a global network of affiliated chapters comprised of scientists, health care providers, consumers and policy makers worldwide. The clinical and scientific APUA Newsletter has been publishing antibiotic resistance trends and suggested interventions since 1983.
APUA seeks to:
- Increase public awareness and knowledge
- Strengthen infectious disease prevention capability and treatment
- Improve institutional and governmental antimicrobial policy
- Build local microbiology surveillance and diagnostics capacity
APUA research and education resources provide:
- Boston-based headquarters and staff with expertise in medicine, microbiology, public health, and policy
- Affiliations with Tufts University School of Medicine and an international expert advisory board
- Global network of local APUA chapter affiliates in 65 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America
- Extensive experience in developing countries
More case studies, professional perspectives, clinical monographs and webinars.
Copyright © 2014 Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics (APUA), licensed to Alere Inc.